I am starting to coach a few select business owners, after over 30 years in business myself, I feel I have some life & business experience to share.
But did you know I also have a number of coaches and mentors myself?
I did some inner work myself last week with one of my coaches and here are my top takeaways from the experience, I wanted to share with you, in the hope you might find them useful in your journey.
1. Always have a learning mind. I always look for something new or something that I have heard before and the time is now right to look at that again. If you go into a mastermind or training thinking you know everything you won't learn anything. There were people in the room who have only been in business half the time I have but I still learned a lot because I did the exercises and asked questions – it really got me to think. It was great to have someone else's eyes on my business. Or stop you and make you think again and reassess where you actually are NOW!
2. Values & Boundaries trump Strategy. I deliberately put myself in a group that would stretch me but also aligns with my values. I have been in a lot of coaching/mastermind/training events with great content but it wasn't in alignment with how I want to structure my business and design my life around people I want in my life and what I want to achieve and as I say – I want business success and still stay married. This time was different, I was stretched but it still fit within my values and lifestyle that I want to create.
3. Questions I loved...
• " How can I create this business to make more money without too much more work (its easy to deliver) and without losing myself?"
• " What do I want my life to look like in 3 years?" – how many days off – vacation time – weekends off
• " What am I lacking or craving?" – how can I quench my burning desire
• " How can I incorporate selfcare into my business plan?" – without guilt
As Tony Robbins says – “successful people ask better questions and as a result they get better answers”
What great empowering questions will you ask yourself today?